Monday, January 21, 2013

Inauguration Day TMI

Four years ago, I braved the coldest damn weather I had ever experienced to go stand out on the Mall and witness the inauguration of the first African American president of the United States. I was glad that I did, but not sure that I would bear frostbitten toes and no liquids for 8 hours again. Little did I know that I would be living in the Burned Over District for the next inauguration.

This inauguration, I will not be out in the freezing cold. I will also not be watching it from the comfort of my own cozy couch by a nice warm fire. No, no. Remember the emergency room incident of the summer? Remember that that gave me one of those Virginia ultrasounds? Well, the Virginia ultrasound found some things that, in the words of one of the doctors, "just go with having a uterus." They wanted me to follow up with another ultrasound to make sure that those uterus-related things have not taken on a life of their own. Guess when the follow-up takes place? Yep, just as the president gets sworn in.

Good times.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hope all went well!

Clio Bluestocking said...

Thank you, Sustan. And, yes, it did.

 

Unless noted otherwise, copyright for all written content held by Clio Bluestocking.